Baked Chickpea Scramble
Makes: 4 breakfast burritos (if serving as a holiday brunch bake simply double the recipe and bake a little longer)
- 15.5 oz can Chickpea/Garbanzo Bean
- 1 Tbs Coconut Aminos
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 16oz Frozen Shredded Potatoes
- 1 Sweet Bell Pepper (orange or yellow)
- 1 cup Frozen Spinach
- 4 Large Burrito Tortillas (if making burritos)
- Optional Add Ins: hummus, salsa, hot sauce, avocado, vegan sour cream, vegan cheese shreds (violife is the best)
- Notes: avocado spray oil can be used before baking. The addition of vegan sausage or bacon can be crumbled on top and baked together as well. I like field roast for soy free. And hilarys frozen lentil sausage for soy free & gluten free).
- Preheat oven 420°F
- In at least a 3.5 cup food chopper/pulse processor, add chickpeas (drained and rinsed well), seasoning, coconut aminos, lemon. Pulse to create a minced texture before it becomes a paste, but after the chickpeas are crushed. You might want to stop half way and scrape down the sides then pulse some more.
- On a parchment lined tray, evenly lay out the frozen potato shreds (you can use a little spray oil and sea salt here if you prefer), then top with the chickpea scramble, next add your veggies (diced bell pepper and frozen spinach). You can spray a little more avocado oil and sea salt on top if you like or omit to keep it oil free.
- Bake 420°F for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned but not crunchy.
- Use as filling for breakfast burritos, breakfast tacos, or breakfast bowls. Top with salsa, avocado, hummus, hot sauce, vegan cheese, vegan sour cream.
If you are looking for more great plant based breakfast ideas check these out!
Baked Frittata Hashbrown Casserole http://bellavirtue.com/eat/baked-frittata-hashbrown-casserole-vegan-oil-free/
Bacon & Eggs Vegan Breakfast Pizza http://bellavirtue.com/eat/bacon-and-eggs-breakfast-pizza-vegan/
Plant Based Cheesy Eggs in 3 Minutes http://bellavirtue.com/eat/plant-based-cheesy-eggs-in-3-minutes/
Here in the Mama Bella kitchen we love hearing from you! Please leave your comments below! And let us know how our recipes turned out for you and your beautiful family.
YouTube at the Bella Virtue Vegan Kitchen https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOmCEAQ54a5RIoVyGOa8pVQ