Are you looking for something healthy and homemade to feed your babe? Well here is a great and simple muffin recipe you can feel good about feeding them.
It’s sugar free, gluten free, and vegan!
It’s packed with nutrients like healthy whole fats from flax seeds, coconut milk, and nut/ seed butters. Whole fats are essential for growing brains. Flax seeds also provide omega 3s!
Buckwheat and oats are grains high in fiber and protein. Great for keeping you full longer with slower digesting rate and low glycemic index. And the bananas are loaded with potassium.
Makes: 12 muffins or 24 mini muffins
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 Tbs ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups bananas
- 1 1/2 cups full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs nut or seed butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup if you would like it sweeter, like when i make these for my older child too.
- 1 cup dried fruit like currants or chopped dates (my favorite!)
- Preheat oven 350°F
- I prefer to blend a couple bananas in the blender then measure that it’s one and half cups using the blender lines. Then add the coconut milk, vanilla, nut/ seed butter, vinegar, (maple if using). TIP: if your bananas make over the amount just adjust your milk ratio, so the total liquid is 3 cups in the blender, better to have extra banana then not for sweetness sake.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and add the wet ingredients. Mix. Fold in any chopped dates you may be using.
- Scoop the batter into paper- lined or greased muffin tins to the top!
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Test with toothpick. Cook through. Let cool completely to finish cooking.
*Freeze up to 1 month, fridge for 1 week, counter for few days.
If you are looking for a great cake for your baby’s birthday look no further
Chocolate Carob Double Layer Cake with Chocolate filling & Cashew Frosting (caffeine free, sugar free, gluten free, vegan)
Here in the Mama Bella kitchen we love hearing from you! Please leave your comments below! And let us know how our recipes turned out for you and your beautiful family.
You can also follow us at http://www.instagram.com/bellavirtueeat and on our Facebook page
And on YouTube at the Bella Virtue Vegan Kitchen https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOmCEAQ54a5RIoVyGOa8pVQ