We’re nut’z over this Mexican Potato Bowl! It’s delicious nut meat made from raw walnuts and almonds. Over tahini roasted potatoes. All on a bed of chopped greens tossed in lime. Dressed with avocado, hummus, or our siracha tahini drizzle. Don’t forget the jalapeno hot sauce for a flavor combo that bursts in your mouth. Now that’s some food porn we can get behind.
Serving: 4. Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup raw Walnuts
- 1 cup raw Almonds (I used sliced) *you can use all walnuts if you prefer. But you can’t use all almonds it won’t come out right)
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- pinch Black Pepper
- pinch Cayenne Pepper (spicy!)
- 3 Tbs Coconut Aminos (soy-free, gluten-free soy sauce alternative)
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 medium Red Onion (diced)
Tahini Roasted Potatoes: recipe inspired by clean food dirty girl blog.
- 6 large or 8 small Yukon Gold Potatoes (cubed)
- 3 Tbs Tahini
- 1 Tbs unsweetened Plant Milk (I used almond)
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried Parsley
- 1 tsp dried Dill
- 1 tsp Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce
- Lime juice (don’t omit!)
- Optional toppings: Avocado, Tomatoes, Red or Green Onion, Hot Sauce, Hummus, Siracha Tahini Drizzle*
*Siracha Tahini Drizzle: 2 Tbs Tahini, 1 Tbs Siracha, mixed and thinned out with water.
- Preheat oven 475°F
- Potatoes: clean and cube the potatoes.
- In a small bowl mix the tahini, plant milk, and seasoning.
- In a large bowl toss the seasoned tahini sauce with the cubed potatoes.
- On a parchment lined baking tray, with a slotted spoon, scoop the coated potatoes onto the tray without taking on too much sauce.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Nut Meat: in a food processor, add the nuts, seasoning, coconut aminos, and balsamic vinegar. Process until minced. You may need to scrape down the sides and give it a few more spins.
- Now you can leave it raw like this or you can heat it with some red onions. In a pan or skillet, water saute diced red onion (heat the pan then add a Tbs of water. It should sizzle.) Add the red onions. Saute until transulcent and the water evaporates.
- Lower heat and add the minced nut meat. Heat through. (It may look like mush. Trust me, It’s fine)
- Bowl: wash and chop the romaine. Add as the first layer of the bowl and toss in a light lime juice.
- Second layer is the roasted tahini potatoes.
- Third layer is the nut meat. Grab the meat with your hand and crumble it over the potatoes generously.
- Dress your bowl with diced tomatoes, avocado, more red onion, a dollop of hummus, and/or siracha tahini drizzle, and don’t forget the hot sauce! Season with extra Sea Salt to taste. Enjoy!