We’re nut’z over this Mexican Potato Bowl! It’s delicious nut meat made from raw walnuts and almonds. Over tahini roasted potatoes. All on a bed of chopped greens tossed in lime. Dressed with avocado, hummus, or our siracha tahini drizzle. Don’t forget the jalapeno hot sauce for a flavor combo that bursts in your mouth. Now that’s some food porn we can get behind.
Serving: 4. Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup raw Walnuts
- 1 cup raw Almonds (I used sliced) *you can use all walnuts if you prefer. But you can’t use all almonds it won’t come out right)
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- pinch Black Pepper
- pinch Cayenne Pepper (spicy!)
- 3 Tbs Coconut Aminos (soy-free, gluten-free soy sauce alternative)
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 medium Red Onion (diced)
Tahini Roasted Potatoes: recipe inspired by clean food dirty girl blog.
- 6 large or 8 small Yukon Gold Potatoes (cubed)
- 3 Tbs Tahini
- 1 Tbs unsweetened Plant Milk (I used almond)
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried Parsley
- 1 tsp dried Dill
- 1 tsp Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce
- Lime juice (don’t omit!)
- Optional toppings: Avocado, Tomatoes, Red or Green Onion, Hot Sauce, Hummus, Siracha Tahini Drizzle*
*Siracha Tahini Drizzle: 2 Tbs Tahini, 1 Tbs Siracha, mixed and thinned out with water.
- Preheat oven 475°F
- Potatoes: clean and cube the potatoes.
- In a small bowl mix the tahini, plant milk, and seasoning.
- In a large bowl toss the seasoned tahini sauce with the cubed potatoes.
- On a parchment lined baking tray, with a slotted spoon, scoop the coated potatoes onto the tray without taking on too much sauce.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Nut Meat: in a food processor, add the nuts, seasoning, coconut aminos, and balsamic vinegar. Process until minced. You may need to scrape down the sides and give it a few more spins.
- Now you can leave it raw like this or you can heat it with some red onions. In a pan or skillet, water saute diced red onion (heat the pan then add a Tbs of water. It should sizzle.) Add the red onions. Saute until transulcent and the water evaporates.
- Lower heat and add the minced nut meat. Heat through. (It may look like mush. Trust me, It’s fine)
- Bowl: wash and chop the romaine. Add as the first layer of the bowl and toss in a light lime juice.
- Second layer is the roasted tahini potatoes.
- Third layer is the nut meat. Grab the meat with your hand and crumble it over the potatoes generously.
- Dress your bowl with diced tomatoes, avocado, more red onion, a dollop of hummus, and/or siracha tahini drizzle, and don’t forget the hot sauce! Season with extra Sea Salt to taste.
If you like this recipe you may also like:
Jackfruit & Potato Southwest Casserole http://bellavirtue.com/eat/jackfruit-potato-southwest-casserole-gfvgrain-free/
Uno, Dos, Tres. Siracha! Tahini! Cashews! (Creamy Quinoa) http://bellavirtue.com/eat/uno-dos-tres-siracha-tahini-cashews-creamy-quinoa/
Nacho Potato Bake (oil free, gluten free, vegan) http://bellavirtue.com/eat/cashew-%e2%80%8bnacho-potato-bake-oil-free-gluten-free-vegan/
Seven Layer Mexican Polenta Pie
Here in the Mama Bella kitchen we love hearing from you! Please leave your comments below! And let us know how our recipes turned out for you and your beautiful family.
You can also follow us at http://www.instagram.com/bellavirtueeat and
And on YouTube at the Bella Virtue Vegan Kitchen https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOmCEAQ54a5RIoVyGOa8pVQ
Oh my veggies!!!
Tonight was our first time making walnut taco “meat” and boy – o – boy was it so good! Kids, hubs, and grandma all licked their plates clean 🤤
We made it with taco salad and used your cheez sauce too!
Thanks for all the great recipes!!
So happy to hear your family loved it! The cheeze sauce recipe link