These burgers are so tasty and the texture is great. Packed with protein and nutrients. With zero cholesterol.
Oil Free, wfpb, gluten free.
Thought I’d mention the indoor grill i used. It’s non toxic ceramic non stick. And flips from grill to griddle. Bella is the brand name. And we are in love with it. And not just because we share a name 😉 (not a paid sponsor)
Enjoy as a traditional burger with all the fixin’ or protein style.
The leftover burgers are even great cold! Can be used crumbled on top of Buddha bowls or salads.
Grillable Smoky Black Bean Quinoa Burger
SERVES: 5 COOKING TIME: 30 MINUTES
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 15.5 ounce cans black beans, well rinsed, drained.
- 3/4 cup almond flour (or make your own with 1 cup raw sliced almonds in the food processor)
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1 Tbsp each cumin powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and black pepper, plus more for coating burgers
- 2 Tbsp vegan BBQ sauce
- 2 Tbsp vegan worstshire
- 10 drops liquid smoke
- In a large mixing bowl, Smash (with fork or potato smasher) drained black beans so there aren’t many whole beans. Add the cooked quinoa, mix. Add the sauce, mix. Add the seasoning and almond flour, mix. Add the oat flour as needed to adjust dry to wet ratio so they form well into patties.
- grill to sear and heat through… Or bake them. On parchment. 375° for 15 minutes, flip, 10 minutes.
1 lb frozen or fresh broccoli florets tossed with lemon juice, sea salt, nutritional yeast. 425° for 15 minutes or so. Or make our TAHINI ROASTED BROCCOLI http://bellavirtue.com/eat/oil-free-tahini-roasted-broccoli/
425° for 30 minutes or so. Then broil on high. To puff them up. pizza fries recipe here http://bellavirtue.com/eat/pizza-fries/
*Burger Adapted from minimalist bakers easy grillable veggie burgers https://minimalistbaker.com/easy-grillable-veggie-burgers/