What could taste better than this trifecta of perfection: siracha, tahini, cashews! All blended into a creamy quinoa black bean dish of deliciousness.
This taco salad is whole food plant based, healthy, and the best part is how quick and simple it is to make for your family. Ready in 30 minutes!*
This is also gluten free, soy free, oil free.
You won’t miss things like cheese and meats in this dish. It’s so flavorful and creamy. If you want, serve this as TACOS or BURRITOS or DIP instead!
Step by Step Pics!
Creamy Quinoa Taco Salad
Serves: about 4 servings
Cooking Time: less than 30 min!
*not including cashew soaking time if you aren’t using a high speed blender or bullet.
- 3/4 cup Quinoa
- 2 cans Black Beans
- 1 can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Cayene Pepper (mild-medium spice level)
- 1/2 cup Raw Cashews*
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Siracha (adjust for personal spice level. This is mild-medium heat)
- 1 Tbs Tahini (ground sesame seeds)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce (chopped)
- 1 Tbs Lime Juice
- Diced Avocado
- Green Onions
- Crushed Tortilla Chips
- More Siracha!
- *soak the raw cashews in water overnight or boil on stove up to an hour if you aren’t using a high speed blender or bullet. Then drain. Should be soft and swollen.
- In a lidded pan add all the quinoa base ingredients, stir and bring to a rapid boil on high, then quickly mix and cover with lid, lower heat to simmer. Keep lid on and simmer for 20-25 min. Quinoa will be nice and fluffy. Turn off heat.
- While the quinoa base is cooking, add the Cream Sauce ingredients to the blender. Blend in high till smooth. When the quinoa is done add the cream sauce to the pan and stir. Turn on low heat a a couple seconds or just shut the lid for the sauce to absorb.
- Chop Taco Salad romaine and toss in the lime juice (don’t skip the lime juice, so yummy!)
- Putting it all together: in a big open bowl, add the tossed lettuce, then the creamy quinoa mixture, crushed tortilla chips, and more Siracha! Or wrap in a big tortilla or hard taco shells.
3 year old REVIEWS “That was the best dinner ever! I liked it so much” …out of the mouth of babes 😉