This recipe is such a beautiful one to make for the family on Sunday for everyone to just enjoy at leisure all day long from the hot instant pot.
If you don’t have an electric pressure cooker, you can still make this without issue in one pot on the stove top. Instructions below.
This recipe is made without tomatoes or tomato sauce!
1. to make this recipe nut free. Omit the cashews. And add a bag of plant based cheese shreds at the end of cooking in the ipot while it’s still hot.
2. To make this gluten free, opt for a brown rice pasta instead.
3. To make this SOS-free opt for no oil, no salt, and use the date option instead.
Vegan Chili Mac by Mama Bella
Makes: 8 servings (4 qts)
Cooking Time: total pressure cooker time is about 50 minutes of coming to pressure, cooking, then natural release. Stove top time is about 35 minutes.
- 1 cans Red Kidney Beans ( drained& rinsed)
- 1 package (12oz) Extra Firm Tofu (drained)
- 1/2 cup Uncooked White Quinoa
- 1 Bell Pepper (Red or Orange)
- 1.5 cups Cashews* (raw)
- 8 oz Cavatelli (or small pasta)
- 16 oz Fire Roasted Red Bell Peppers (in water)
- 2 Veggie Bullion Cubes
- 4 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 3 Tbs Chili Powder
- 2 Tbs Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbs Onion Powder
- 1 Tbs Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar (or 1 medjool date)
- 2 Tbs Salt
- 2 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbs Avocado Oil (optional)
- *if you do not have a high speed blender, soak your cashews overnight in water in a open container on the counter. Drain.
- the seasoning amounts are high because the tofu, quinoa, and pasta all need to soak up the flavors. Trust and believe.
- In a blender, add the jar of Roasted Bell Peppers including the salty water plus 2 Bullion cubes, oil, plus 4 cups water. (Total liquid should equal 24oz) add all the seasoning. the cashews and nutritional yeast and lemon juice. And the pitted date if using instead of sugar. Blend well until smooth.
- In the inner pot of an electric pressure cooker, add the drained tofu and smash with potato masher so that there is no chunks and it is completely minced into crumbles but not mush. Tip: think tvp texture
- Dice the bell peppers into small chunks but not too finely because you want this to add texture, add those to the pot, along with the drained and rinsed beans, the sauce you blended, the quinoa, and the pasta. Stir.
- Close lid, set the valve to sealing, and set pressure cooker time for 8 minutes with natural pressure release.
- Note: for pot on the stove. Follow the above steps and then set to high until boiling, stir then lower to simmer with lid on for 25 minutes.
- Serve with avocado, vegan cheese shreds, vegan sour cream, or tortilla chips, hot sauce.
Here in the Mama Bella kitchen we love hearing from you! Please leave your comments below to let us know how our recipes turned out for you and your beautiful family.You can also follow us at http://www.instagram.com/bellavirtueeat
YouTube at the Bella Virtue Vegan Kitchen https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOmCEAQ54a5RIoVyGOa8pVQ