These nutrient rich muffins are made with pineapple, coconut, banana, and whole oats. *Rum not included, but not excluded either, so go ahead, wash these down with an ice cold glass of rum! Land-ho! Argh!
They are oil free, sugar free, gluten free, dairy free, egg free.
I make these for my one year old as a healthy snack, but my hubby kept eating them. Who am I kidding, I ate three in a row! Our daughter loves them and keeps signing “more, eat” whenever I make them for her.
Pina Colada Muffins (nutrient dense, sugar free, oil free, egg free, dairy free, gluten free)
Makes: 12 muffins
Cook Time: 25-35 minutes
- 1.5 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbs ground flaxseed & 6 Tbs water mix, set aside for five minutes until gelled)
- 1 cup ripe bananas, pureed (about 3 bananas)
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup date paste (about 8 medjool dates, soaked in water, pitted and blended with water) or other liquid sweetener like maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Puree bananas and water soaked and pitted dates (8 medjool dates)
- Combine wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl
- Combine wet to dry
- Scoop into muffin tin with liners
- Sprinkle unsweetened coconut flakes on top of muffins
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes.
- Freeze leftovers or keep refrigerated for a week! Enjoy!