These pancakes are quick and easy to make on a busy weekday when your toddler-boss commands “no oatmeal! I want pancakes only”.
Little does she know these are basically oatmeal in pancake form (cue maniacal villian laugh).
They are gluten free, refined sugar free, oil free, allergy friendly.
Batch make and freeze for an even quicker reheat and serve breakfast for the impatient toddler-boss. (Pics below)
For our Nuclear Halloween FrankenCakes version filled with Greens and Pumpkin and other micronutrients LINK here
Makes 12 – 15 silver dollar kid-sized pancakes
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened plant milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetned apple sauce(4 oz)
- 2 Tbs sweetener (sucanat or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small bowl combine apple sauce, milk, sweetner, vinegar, vanilla. Mix
- In a medium bowl combine flour, flax, baking soda and powder, cinnamon. Mix.
- Add the wet to the dry. Mix.
- Heat on medium-high a nonstick ceramic griddle or skillet (or thinly grease a pan with coconut oil or vegan butter using a paper towel so it’s just a thin layer), drop 2 small spoonfuls of batter to create silver dollar sized pancakes.
- Lower heat to medium-low. Flip when browned. Cooking through the center. Push down with spatula if needed.
- Serve with fresh fruit, ground nuts, nut butters, maple syrup, or a fruit puree for dipping.
- Freeze the leftovers for quick reheat and serve.
My toddler dipped hers in unsweetened plant milk!
Freeze the cooled leftovers between parchment paper and into a freezer bag.