These muffins are perfect for someone who is looking to eat a healthy breakfast on-the-go and for parents wanting a wholesome micronutrient dense treat for their kids.
They are packed with healthy fruit and nuts and whole grains.
Fruit Medley Power Muffin (gluten free)
Makes: 12 muffins
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 4 very ripe bananas, pureed
- 1 cup diced apple or pear (skinned)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened fine shred coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped raw walnuts
- 1 Tbs ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup sweetener (I prefer whole dehydrated cane sugar or coconut sugar or maple syrup or date paste*)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbs baking powder
*if using dates as a sweetener, I would use 3 bananas and 1 cup date paste or date sugar for ultimate sweetness!
- Preheat oven 350° F
- In a large mixing bowl add the pureed bananas, the sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla, salt. Mix.
- Skin and dice very small the apples and/or pears. Add to the bowl.
- Add the flax, nuts, berries, coconut. Mix.
- Add the oat flour, baking soda, and whole oats. Mix. (Don’t over mix)
- Fill muffin tin using liners/parchment/nonstick/or greased.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Let cool. Enjoy. Keep refrigerated one week or individually wrapped and frozen 3 weeks.