Serves: 4. Cooking Time: about 30-45 minutes or less.
- Frozen Stirfry Veggies (1 bag)
- 1 block Extra Firm Tofu (drained & pressed)
- 12 ounce Noodles (flat or spaghetti) *I use 5 dried Asian noodle stacks of the gluten free millet and brown rice ramen in the pic.
- Sesame Seeds (optional)
- Raw Cashews or Peanuts (optional)
- Lime (optional)
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup low sodium Tamari/Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbs Maple Syrup or Date Paste
- 1/2 cup natural style Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- Sesame Oil (optional)
- 3 Tbs Siracha
- 1 Tbs ground Ginger
- 1 Tbs Garlic Powder
- Noodles: Boil the noodles according to package. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Tofu: Grill or bake the tofu. For baked tofu, drain, press, and cube. Lay on parchment at 425° for 25 minutes until browned. For grilled you can make up a marinade of tamari and sesame oil (omit if oil free). Baste on tofu steaks and grill.
- Sauce: In a large bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients. Start with the nut butter and smash with a fork. Then whisk in the rest.
- Stir fry: In a deep wide pan or wok, stir fry the veggies in tamari and sesame oil or just in a dry pan.
- Add the cooked noodles and sauce. And the baked tofu. Stir & heat through.
- Top with crushed cashews or peanuts, sesame seeds, and more Siracha. Season with sea salt to taste and a lime wedge. Enjoy!