Serves: 4. Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Frozen Stirfry Veggies (1 bag)
- 1 block Extra Firm Tofu (drained & pressed)
- 12 ounce Noodles (flat or spaghetti) *I use 5 dried Asian noodle stacks of the gluten free millet and brown rice ramen in the pic.
- Sesame Seeds (optional)
- Raw Cashews or Peanuts (optional)
- Lime (optional)
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup low sodium gf Tamari/Soy Sauce*
- 3 Tbs Maple Syrup or Date Paste**
- 1/2 cup natural style Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar*
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil(optional)
- 3 Tbs Siracha*
- 1 Tbs ground Ginger
- 1 Tbs Garlic Powder or 1-2 Garlic Cloves
** for a soy free version sub the soy sauce for 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos and cut the sweetener down to only 1 Tbs. Omit the tofu. You can sub the vinegar for 2 Tbs lemon juice plus 2 Tbs lime juice. And you can sub the siracha for a few pinches of cayenne pepper.
- Noodles: Boil the noodles according to package. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Tofu: Grill or bake the tofu. For baked tofu, drain, press, and cube. Lay on parchment at 425° for 25 minutes until browned. For grilled you can make up a marinade of tamari and sesame oil (omit if oil free). Baste on tofu steaks and grill.
- Sauce: In a large bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients. Start with the nut butter and smash with a fork. Then whisk in the rest. Or use the blender.
- Stir Fry: In a deep wide pan or wok, stir fry the veggies in tamari/coconut aminos and sesame oil or just in a dry pan. If using fresh, add a little water to saute in.
- Add the cooked noodles and sauce. And the baked tofu. Stir & heat through.
- Top with crushed cashews or peanuts, sesame seeds, and more Siracha. Season with sea salt to taste and a lime wedge. Enjoy!