This casserole is everything! Kids love it! Who wouldn’t when it comes to peanut butter and noodles, right?!
On busy week nights, there is nothing easier than a quick and healthy casserole the whole family loves.
This casserole uses healthy whole grain gluten free noodles, fresh broccoli, organic tofu, and an easy asian peanut butter sauce, all baked to perfection.
This is a great meal to get the kids involved. They can help you cut up the broccoli and tofu. My kiddo loves sneaking bites of fresh tofu. It’s okay if the tofu isn’t cut perfectly, it’s all getting mixed in and baked in this yummy casserole. So let them get creative!
Here is the link to the chopper we use. It’s still a little sharp so use with supervision. *not sponsored.
Joie Fruit And Vegetable Wavy Chopper Knife, Stainless Steel Blade, Colors Vary
PB Asian Noodle Casserole
Makes: 9×13 casserole
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 12 ounce Brown Rice Spaghetti Noodles (I used jovial organic)
- 14 ounce package Organic Tofu (firm or extra firm is fine)
- 2 Broccoli Stalks (2 cups florets, frozen is fine)
- 1 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos (or tamari)
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup (or 5 pitted medjool dates)
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice or Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2.5 cups Water (or 13.5 oz can light coconut milk + 8 oz water)
- 1 Tbs Toasted Sesame Oil (optional)
**add a pinch of cayenne for heat and top with lime juice for additional depth of flavor
- Boil noodles according to package, drain, and rinse (aldente preferred)
- Preheat oven 400°F
- Cut open tofu package over sink and drain water. Cube tofu into small pieces.
- Wash and cut up the raw broccoli florets into small pieces.
- Blend the sauce ingredients.
- Layer the broccoli, noodles, and tofu.
- IMPORTANT: pour sauce over noodles evenly and make sure they are submerged well to prevent crunchy dry noodles.
- Cover! With glass dish or foil so the whole thing can bubble and steam well.
- Bake for about 35 minutes. You will see the sauce start to thicken and bubble. Test broccoli with a fork, should be tender and done.
- Let sit out of the oven covered another 10 minutes.
- Serve with Sea Salt, Pinch of Cayenne and Lime for adults.
Here in the Mama Bella kitchen we love hearing from you! Please leave your comments below! And let us know how our recipes turned out for you and your beautiful family.
You can also follow us at http://www.instagram.com/bellavirtueeat
and on our Facebook page @bella virtue/ vegan