This casserole is everything! Kids love it! Who wouldn’t when it comes to peanut butter and noodles, right?!
On busy week nights, there is nothing easier than a quick and healthy casserole the whole family loves.
This casserole uses healthy whole grain gluten free spaghetti noodles, fresh broccoli, organic tofu, and an easy asian peanut butter sauce, all baked to perfection.
This is a great meal to get the kids involved. They can help you cut up the broccoli and tofu. My kiddo loves sneaking bites of fresh tofu. It’s okay if the tofu isn’t cut perfectly, it’s all getting mixed in and baked in this yummy casserole. So let them get creative!
Here is the link to the chopper we use. It’s still a little sharp so use with supervision. *not sponsored.
Joie Fruit And Vegetable Wavy Chopper Knife, Stainless Steel Blade, Colors Vary
PB Asian Noodle Casserole
Makes: 9×13 casserole
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 12 ounce Brown Rice Spaghetti Noodles (I used jovial organic)
- 14 ounce package Organic Tofu (firm or extra firm is fine)
- 2 Broccoli Stalks (2 cups florets, frozen is fine)
- 1.5 cups Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 cup Raw Agave Nectar*
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1.5 tsp Sea Salt*
- 4 cups Water
Note: *Omit agave and salt if using a pb that is already sweetened and roasted.
**add a pinch of cayenne for heat and top with lime juice for additional depth of flavor
- Boil noodles according to package, drain, and rinse.
- Preheat oven 400°F
- Cut open tofu package over sink and drain water. Cube tofu into small pieces.
- Wash and cut up the raw broccoli florets into small pieces.
- Blend the sauce ingredients: natural peanut butter, coconut aminos, agave, lemon juice, sea salt, water.
- Layer the broccoli at the bottom because you want it to cook well in the bubbling sauce.
- Add the tofu then top with cooked spaghetti. You can arrange a few pieces of broccoli and tofu on top for aesthetics if you wish.
- IMPORTANT: pour sauce over noodles evenly and make sure they are submerged well to prevent crunchy dry noodles.
- Cover! With glass dish or foil so the whole thing can bubble and steam well.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. You will see the sauce start to thicken and bubble. Test broccoli with a fork, should be tender and done.
- Serve with Sea Salt, Pinch of Cayenne and Lime for adults.
We love to hear from you! Please put any questions below in the comments! Tag us on Instagram with a pic when you make this recipe! Comment below with your family’s reviews!
Follow us on: