This is a thick, creamy, versatile gravy. So good my toddler eats it with a spoon. And So will you!
If changing any of the ingredients I can not vouch for the flavor profile. As written it has a very chicken and biscuits white pepper gravy flavor that is absolutely devine.
Serving: 2 cups (double and freeze!)
- 1/2 cup Raw Cashews
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Plant Milk
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Tbs Tahini
- 1 Tbs Mild Mellow Miso (chickpea for soy free version)
- 2 Tbs Coconut Aminos (soy-free soy sauce alternative)
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1/8th tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1/8th tsp Dried Sage
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbs Arrowroot Powder (Or cornstarch. Do NOT use tapioca starch)
- Soak cashews in water for a few hours or overnight until they swell and soften and drain (skip soaking if using a high speed blender). You can also boil them for faster results.
- Blend all ingredients together.
- In a sauce pan, bring to a low boil while whisking then remove from heat and continue to whisk while it thickens. Let cool a little to thicken fully.
- Adjust to add more Salt and Pepper if needed.
- Freeze leftovers up to 1 month to have on hand for breakfast potatoes, biscuits, mashed potatoes, and more!
Please comment below with any comments and questions. And hashtag us on Instagram with #bellavirtue @bellavirtue or you can reach us on our Facebook Page at Bella Virtue. We love to hear what you think!