Walnut & White Bean Meatballs (vegan, gluten free, soy free)
Makes: 12-15 meatballs
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup Raw Walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups Cooked White Kidney Beans (cannellini beans)
- 1/2 Yellow or White Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbs vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tsp dried Basil
- A handful of fresh italian Parsley or 1 tsp dried
- 1/2 tsp dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Fennel (optional. Omit if you don’t like that strong Italian flavor)
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup Brown Rice Flour or Oat Flour
- Preheat oven to 400°f
- In a food processor, add half onion cut into fourths, garlic, walnuts, beans, tomato paste, worcestershire, fresh parsley if using.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, seasoning.
- Add the contents of food processor to the mixing bowl. Mix.
- Roll mixture into meatball-sized balls (smaller is better to cook through with the best texture). On Parchment lined baking sheet, spread out all the meatballs. (If it’s too sticky put mixture in fridge for 10 minutes or so, and you can also put some flour on your hands while you roll.)
- Bake for 30- 40 minutes turning halfway till browned.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve on top of pasta or as a meatball sub!
Here’s a great Alfredo sauce recipe http://bellavirtue.com/eat/vegan-italian-prosciutto-and-peas-pasta-no-cholesterol/
Or Marinara http://bellavirtue.com/eat/oil-free-marinara/
And tahini roasted Broccoli http://bellavirtue.com/eat/oil-free-tahini-roasted-broccoli/