Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Mini Brownie Muffins! What a great treat to bake with your kids for fall and the holiday season! Gift them to friends and family!
This recipe uses canned pumpkin, cocoa powder, and vegan chocolate chips. To give these muffins a rich depth of flavor use the brewed coffee option.
Yes it’s a whole cup of sugar, BUT it makes FORTY EIGHT mini muffins!
If you’re looking to make these muffins caffeine free for a toddler-friendly treat, opt for carob powder instead of cocoa and vegan carob chips. Usually found in the bulk bin at health food stores.
For a gluten free chocolate muffin recipe http://bellavirtue.com/eat/flourless-double-chocolate-muffins-vegangluten-free/
Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Mini Brownie Muffins
Makes: 48 Mini Muffins or 24 Regular Muffins
- 2 cups Organic All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Quick Oats
- 1/2 cup Organic Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Organic White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbs Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tbs Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 15oz can Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie)
- 1.5 cups Unsweetened Plant Milk or Cooled Brewed Coffee
- 1/4 cup Refined Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 Tbs Molasses
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Vegan Mini Chocolate Chips
- Powdered Sugar for decorative dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven 350°F
- In a large mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix well: flour, oats, sugar, cocoa, spices, baking powder/soda, salt.
- Create a well in the center and add all the wet ingredients: pumpkin, milk/coffee, molasses, oil, vinegar.
- Mix well but don’t over mix, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter into muffin trays with liners or greased.
- For mini muffins: bake for 25 minutes until toothpick test comes out clean. Regular muffins: 35 minutes.
- Let cool completely
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar to decorate.
*you can individually wrap and freeze up to 1 month. Or keep in air tight container in fridge for 1 week.
Here in the Mama Bella kitchen we love hearing from you! Please leave your comments below! And let us know how our recipes turned out for you and your beautiful family.
You can also follow us at http://www.instagram.com/bellavirtueeat and on our Facebook page @bella virtue vegan.