Serves: 4 Cooking Time: 50 minutes.
Sauce (makes 3.5 cups)
- 2/3 cup raw Cashews *(soaked)
- 1 15 ounce can Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 Tbs Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp ground Cumin
- 2 cloves raw Garlic
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Sugar (or other sweetener)
- pinch of Cayenne Pepper (optional)
Lentils (takes 35 min)
- 1 cup dried Green Lentils
- 1/2 cup diced yellow Onion
- 2.5 cups Water
- 1 block Extra Firm Tofu **(pressed)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 8-10 Yukon Gold Potatoes
*if you aren’t using a high speed blender we recommend soaking your cashews a minimum of 4 hours or longer until they are soft and swollen, you can boil them for faster results.
**cut open and drain the water from your tofu, press for 15 min or so using either a tofu press or wrap in a towel with heavy plates on top (YouTube has quick videos) or don’t do this and your tofu will just be softer, no biggie!
- Preheat oven to 450° and bake potatoes for 30 to 45 minutes. ***alternatively you can cube the gold potatoes, add them in the pan with the lentils and an extra 1/2 cup of water and steam with the lid on.
- Lentils: in your big wide lidded one pan you will be using for this recipe, water saute diced onions until translucent (a few min). Add the water and lentils. Bring to a boil. Cover with lid and simmer on low for 35-40 minutes.
- Tofu: cube the drained and pressed tofu. When the lentils are tender, add the tofu and sprinkle with turmeric and sea salt.
- Sauce: in your blender combine all the sauce ingredients and blend until thick and smooth. Add the sauce to the pan. Stir, turn the heat to low-medium and cover with lid for another 10 minutes until well heated and combined.
- Serve: over baked potatoes, rice, or pasta. Season with Salt to taste. Enjoy!