Baked Aloo Gobi Matar Curry. This dish is perfect for a busy family night or take and bake casserole.
My family loves Indian food! And take-out can be pricy, or the recipes are complicated. This one is simple as pie!
It’s mild enough that my kiddo loves this meal! And for daddy and I we just add more heat to ours when we serve. But it really can depend on the brand of your curry blend. I included a picture of ours.
The result of this curry is moist and full of flavor. The sauce has a thin but creamy consistency. Perfecto!
And if you want it thicker you just smash it all up slightly with a fork. Great in a flat bread wrap too!
Baked Aloo Gobi Matar Curry
Serving: 9×13 casserole
Baking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 can (13.5oz) Light Coconut Milk (light doesn’t taste like coconut)
- 3 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbs Curry Powder (I used vindaloo)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 4 oz Water
- 6 Gold Potatoes
- 1 medium head Cauliflower
- 1 can (15 oz) Sweet Green Peas
- Cube the potatoes slightly smaller than the cauliflower so it cooks evenly. Drain the canned peas. Evenly spread the veggies in a deep casserole dish. (You can toss your veggies in some cooking oil if you prefer or keep it oil free.) *TIP: make sure the potatoes are towards the bottom and fully covered in the sauce for optimal tenderness.
- In a small mixing bowl or blender, add all the sauce ingredients. Then pour evenly over the vegetables.
- Cover the casserole with foil or lid completely, this helps steam the veggies nice and tender.
- Preheat oven 435°F for about 45 minutes. Check the tenderness of both the potatoes and cauliflower with a fork. It should be bubbling and very steamy when you check. You can also take the foil off at the end and broil the top if you like.
- When serving you can smash it a little with a fork and it makes for a great little wrap with a roti flat bread. Or serve with basmati rice. We also like to just eat it as-is without any sides!
- Add sea salt to taste and some cayenne depending on your heat level preference, and how hot your curry seasoning is.