no tomato sloppy joe sauce to make vegan sloppy joes!
the sauce came out amazing!
everyone loved it, five year old, and even the baby!
we used abbots butcher pea protein ground beef. i like this product because the ingredients are super clean whole pea protein and nice seasoning. it’s soy free, gluten free.
(i didn’t realize till later it has a tomato paste inside the grounds, so if you truly need a no tomato option then i would go with green lentils for your joes and use this sauce!)
going to use this sauce for a no tomato chili recipe next!
disclosure: I’m not eating tomato right now because we have noticed the baby doesn’t respond well when she gets it through my breast milk.
Other vegan classic American recipes:
Tater Tot Casserole: http://bellavirtue.com/eat/tater-tot-casserole-vegangluten-freesoy-free/
Bacon and Eggs Breakfast Pizza: http://bellavirtue.com/eat/bacon-and-eggs-breakfast-pizza-vegan/
No Tomato Joe Sauce
- 1 cup red bell pepper (rough chopped)
- 1 cup carrots (rough chopped)
- 1 cup yellow onion (rough chopped)
- 1 Tbs Chili Powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dijon
- 1 tsp maple syrup or 2 pitted medjool dates
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
INSTRUCTIONS: video of us cooking this as a working recipe vlog style on our YouTube channel. Link below
- saute the veggies in oil or water in a lidded pan on medium to low heat for 15/20 minutes until fork tender.
- add the seasonings and stir on heat a few minutes till fragrant and carmelized.
- transfer to blender with some water to thin.. start with 1/2 cup water and work up till reached desired consistency. like a thick tomato sauce.
- *if using the date just add that to blender when adding the veggies and blend well.
Here in the Mama Bella kitchen we love hearing from you! Please leave your comments below to let us know how our recipes turned out for you and your beautiful family.
You can also follow us at http://www.instagram.com/bellavirtueeat
https://www.facebook.com/bellavirtueeat/YouTube at the Bella Virtue Vegan Kitchen https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOmCEAQ54a5RIoVyGOa8pVQ