These delectable little semi sweet morsels are the perfect little treat to indulge in to curb that after dinner sweet tooth and still stay on your diet.
They have no added fats and are made with simple whole plant ingredients. They are quick to whip up and have on hand as a nice period to the end of your healthy day.
Our toddler loves them too. Hey back off of mommy’s treat, hee hee.
And hey! These little drops are good for you too!
- 40 Times the Antioxidants of Blueberries.
- Highest Plant-Based Source of Iron.
- Full of Magnesium for a Healthy Heart & Brain.
- More Calcium Than Cow’s Milk.
Diet Dark Chocolate Spelt Drops
Cooking Time: less than 30 minutes
- 1 cup Whole Grain Spelt Flour
- 1/4 cup Cacao Powder (unsweetened)
- 1 cup Strawberry Applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1 Tbs Raw Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
Notes: I like to use the individual 4oz container apple sauces. ( Today I used those kids organic puree pouches and a little added plant milk because they are only 3.2 ounces ) If you can’t find strawberry you can sub for original. For the chocolate chips I like Enjoy Life brand dark chocolate.
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl: Combine the flour, cacao, sugar, baking soda. Mix. Then add the apple sauce and stir but don’t over process. Sprinkle in the dark chocolate chips. (If the batter is too dry you can add a Tbs unsweetened plant milk)
- Plop small (less than tsp size, see pic) round drop cookies onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool. Enjoy! (Store in container in fridge or freeze)