Makes 12 very filling tacos. Husband only could eat 3! Leftovers were still great. Just heated in toaster oven and filled. (Put all filling away separately).
Ground Beef Crumbles INGREDIENTS:
- 2 blocks extra firm tofu
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 5 tsp tamari (soy sauce)
- 1 packet taco seasoning or fajita (for less spicy)
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
Ground Beef Crumbles DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Open and drain two blocks of tofu. Crumble with your hands into a big mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl mix the seasoning, soy sauce, and liquid smoke together. Then pour on tofu and coat well.
- Spread evenly on parchment lined baking tray. Add Salt and pepper.
- Bake 425° for 40-45 minutes (stir it halfway) till browned and dried out.
- While the crumbles are baking make the coleslaw, guacamole, and essemble the double layered tacos.
- 12 hard corn tacos*
- 12 whole wheat soft taco-sized tortillas
- Chao Spicy Vegan Cheese Slices*
- Fresh Salsa
*For oil free use food for life sprouted corn tortillas instead of hard tacos. And spread vegetarian fat free refried beans in the layers instead of cheese
- For the double layered tacos. Lay the soft tortilla down then add the cheese (a half to each side) with the hard taco in the center and wrap it. Lay flat on parchment lined tray.
- Put the taco shells in the oven after the crumbles are done. For 3-5 minutes to melt cheese and toast it up.
- 1 package cabbage slaw
- 2 tbs vegan mayo*
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp siracha
- Dash black pepper
*For oil free use 1 tbs tahini
- 3 avocados
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Sea salt to taste
Ensemble! vegan ground beef, then guacamole, then salsa, then slaw
Child’s version. I saved a soft tortilla and added vegan beef crumbles, guacamole, and salsa. Wrapped like a mini burrito
Also served the hard taco shell like chips to dip.