Thought I’d share this simple lunch idea. I’m always looking for something more than just a sandwich or a salad.
I baked a few sweet potatoes as part of my weekly meal prep and stuck them in the fridge (you can freeze them too). So this lunch was easy peasy.
- Small Whole Wheat or Gluten-Free Tortilla
- Baked Sweet Potato
- Cooked Chickpeas/Garbanzo
- Fresh Baby Spinach
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder
- Sea Salt
- Maple Syrup
- Smash cooked and skinned sweet potato and cooked chickpeas in a bowl.
- Season with as much or as little garlic powder, chili powder (spicy), and salt as you prefer. Mix.
- In a small bowl mix tahini,maple, lemon juice in a 3:1:1 ratio. So depending on how much your making. Example would be 3 tbs tahini, 1 tbs maple, 1 tbs lemon juice.
- Esemble on tortilla. Sweet potato/chickpea mixture first. Then spinach leaves. Next the sauce you made. Top with another tortilla.
- Heat in non stick ceramic pan or griddle. Until browned. Cut with a pizza slicer. Serve with sliced Avocado. Enjoy!
Tips and Cheats:
If you are wanting to make this and need a quick and easy way. You can buy canned organic cooked sweet potato and canned chickpeas/garbanzo. Just drain and use! If you want to buy a bag of frozen chopped spinach you can too. Just saute in pan first or heck even microwave it. Plant based meals can be easy and accessible!