High Carb Hannah’s Vegan Corn Chowder Soup for the pressure cooker recipe adapted to be made on the stovetop!
This is so easy to make. Cooks all in one pot. Great for a busy family. Filling and delicious.
This version makes much less than her original portion. Which is still a huge amount. Plenty of leftovers.
Serves: 5-6 Cooking Time: 30-45 minutes
- 1 lb frozen Sweet Corn
- 3 skinned Russet Potatoes
- 1 red Bell Pepper
- 1 can light Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Red Lentils
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 3 cups Water or Broth
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Sage
- 1 tsp Paprika (or black pepper)
- pinch of Cayenne (optional)
- Sea Salt to Taste
- Since everything is going to be roughly blended you can cut your ingredients up in big chunks. BUT, I suggest dicing the onion & bell pepper small. And then cutting the potato into cubes.
- Put all your ingredients in one big lidded pot and boil.
- Then lower the heat to simmer and with the lid on, cook for 25-35 minutes. Don’t over cook the potatoes but make sure they are fork tender like you would for mashed poatoes.
- Blending: use either a potato masher and smash by hand when cooked, or lightly use an immersion blender leaving chunks, or if you do use your blender, you will need to do it in two batches and only use the pulse feature a few times, don’t blend or it will become gummy from the starch in the potatoes. Put back in pot and reheat. Thin with unsweetned plant milk or water if too thick.
- Serve over steamed short grain brown rice. Or with bread. Or both! I also think it would be amazing inside a baked potato because why not!
- Serve with a generous (since we used zero in the cooking!) amount of Sea Salt to taste!